Point Across Info Network Team
CIT Role Players
Our staff is comprised of experienced mental health professionals.
Ms. Donna Wolfe has over 20 years of experience working the field of psychiatry as a Licensed Psychiatric Technician. She has worked at various facilities in the Bay Area, and is currently hired as a consultant for BAART PROGRAMS, as their Mental Health Program Coordinator for their two downtown San Francisco Clinics.She also sits on the board for the Hyde Street Community Service/Tenderloin Clinic, as VP/Treasurer.
Ms. Wolfe's passion continues to be to educate family members and loved ones of those suffering with a mental illness and help them better understand the issues and dynamics that accompany a new diagnosis, as well as those wishing to further develop their skills when interacting with this diverse and sometimes difficult population.
Ms. Wolfe has experience as a public speaker and has presented her "Overview of Mental Health" program to various communities such as the Kiwanis Club and the Soroptomist Women’s Club.
Taha Abdelwahhab has worked in the area of mental health for 10 years. His work settings include the inpatient acute hospital, crisis residential, homeless outreach and outpatient community clinics. He currently works as a community mental health nurse for San Mateo County. Taha began doing CIT from its inception with San Mateo County and was a co-founder of PointAcross Info. Since then, he's been actively involved with CIT and mental health trainings with law enforcement, emergency care personnel, and community members for several years.
A great sense of humor and a strong desire to be a part of the exciting changes occurring in the mental health system are two of the most outstanding characteristics of Terri Byre.
Today, she is a consultant working with various counties in California, on transforming their mental health service delivery systems, which includes hiring consumers of mental health and family members into the workforce. This change in the system requires the experience Terri has (over 30 years) for hiring, training and working alongside people who are in recovery/recovering from mental illness. Her work with POINT ACROSS as a roleplayer, joins her sense of humor, compassion and ability to demonstrate "a different way " with other caring first responders, new ways of working with people with psychiatric disabilities.
The belief she has in the principles of wellness, recovery and resiliency attests to her courage in challenging traditional ways of thinking and doing into more progressive and compassionate ways.
Dr. Murphy has worked in a variety of settings during her 25+ years working in the County of San Mateo.
She has worked as a Program Coordinator and Clinical Supervisor in the Primary Care Public Health Clinics, where she facilitated the development and delivery of clinician training, supervised Clinical Case Managers, and coordinated outcome evaluation studies. She has worked with clients who were involved with the Criminal Justice System, providing assessment, case management and supervision, and has worked in a residential treatment program for adults with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders. She has provided individual and family counseling in a residential treatment program for at-risk adolescents, and has presented trainings on various subjects such as psychotherapeutic medications and risk assessment. Lastly, she has worked as a RN preceptor and provided primary care in an acute inpatient psychiatric unit.
She is profoundly grateful to have had the honor of working with such a diverse population.
- M.A. in Management, Human Resources, Organizational Behavior University of Phoenix: 1985
- B.S.N. San Jose State University, San Jose, California; 1981
- A.A. Montgomery College, Takoma Park, Maryland: 1975
- Clinical Instructor, San Jose State U. Nursing for Psych Rotation Students
- Administrative Supervisor, Kaiser Redwood City, at present
- Administrative Supervisor, Community Hospital, Los Gatos, Ca., at Present
- Patient Services Coordinator, Kaiser, Northern & Southern Ca.
Professional and Civic Organizations:
- Nami- California - former, Board of Directors - V.P., Criminal Justice Chair
- California Coalition of Community Mental Health Agencies
- Educational Forums for Kaiser Psychiatric Department Staff
- Educational CIT team planning committee, in collaboration with NAMI, San Mateo County
- Sheriff’s Dept., San Mateo Mental Health Dept., & Argosy University
- State Dept. of Mental Health, Data Infrastructure Grant Committee ( DIG), former member
- Member, San Mateo County Mental Health Board
- Custody Alternative RFP Focus Group, Santa Clara County.
- Educational Crisis Intervention Team Planning Committee, in collaboration with NAMI, San Jose Police Dept,: Santa Clara Dept. of Mental Health (CIT)
- Trained facilitator for support groups
- Family to Family Instructor
- NAMI - Santa Clara County, Past President
- Founding Member CISM Bay Area Team,1986, and Education Committee Member
- Disaster Mental Health Services, S. C.V. Chapter, American Red Cross
- Active member “Transforming the Mental Health System” State of Caliofornia
- Conducted trainings for new Medicare Drug Plan(D)